INTERNSHIP | UNREAL ENGINE CAPTURE ARTIST
TAKEOFF Creative is a dynamic creative studio dedicated to the marketing and communication needs of the video game industry. We are currently looking for an Unreal Engine capture intern to strengthen our team! The ideal candidate is meticulous, organized, motivated, and energetic.
Here’s everything you need to know about the position and the internship requirements:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Establish and document dynamic cameras within gameplay loops
- Take on the role of a “virtual” camera operator with an eye for narrative editing
- Work closely with our video team to achieve smart cinematic cameras to capture in-game sequences for our clients
- Learn to use our tools and help further their development to achieve new standards using the in-game camera
- Be willing to work through the creative and technical hurdles to fulfill our clients’ requests.
Your future work environment:
- The office is located 10-15 minutes walking distance from Rosemont and Laurier metros.
- Hybrid working schedule (both in-person and remote work)
- Mario Kart tournaments at lunchtime (Overcooked, Heave Ho!, Spelunky, and other multiplayer games available)
- A genuine and proactive team, creative teams passionate about work well done and discoveries, a relaxed (but well organized) work environment!
- Team outings and discovery activities depending on the occasion and the annual themes
What you’ll bring to TAKEOFF Creative:
- A basic understanding of the creative process in the video game industry
- Organization and passion for creating cool experiences
- College or bachelor’s degree in computation arts, animation or other relevant Unreal Engine certified course.
- Good knowledge of film / fx editing software like Premiere, After Effects and/or Final Cut Pro
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 5
- Familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general
- Strong eye for details
- Good time management & organization skills
BONUS POINTS if you meet any of these criteria:
- Experience with any kind of animation system like UE4 animation system
- Experience of using the Sequencer within UE4
- Skills in using DCC tools like 3DSmax, Maya, Motion Builder or C4D
- Fan of Mario Kart games